Thank you for using the Moodbox speaker and Moodbox controller app. The Moodbox brand, the Moodbox speaker and the Moodbox controller app is owned by iVo Technologies Company Ltd. (“Moodbox”, “we” “our”, “us”). Technical support for the Moodbox controller app is provided by Emos Technologies Inc.
(a) We are transparent with you about what we do with your information.
(b) You have full control over the data you want to share with us.
(c) We don’t share any personal information you have shared with us with any third party services or companies without your prior approval.
Information we collect about you
· Essential information: When you register for your Moodbox account you will need to provide your email address and a username, and choose a password.
· Profile information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your Moodbox profile – for example:
· your real name
· the city and country in which you live
· information about your music taste (for example – what kind of artists or genres of music you listen to)
None of this profile information is mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time.
· Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the webforms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
· Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Moodbox Platform. This information includes but is not limited to:
· the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
· the music you play on the Speaker
· the time, frequency and duration of your use of the Platform
· your Speaker device firmware version and your App version
· the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from the App or speaking directly to the Speaker
· your location data (derived from your IP address) to provide you with accurate weather information
· encrypted audio data when you issue voice commands using the App or the Speaker
· information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
Use of and interaction with the Platform:
· To operate and maintain your Moodbox account, and to provide you with access to the Services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you sign into the Platform. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your account.
· To provide you with technical support.
· To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
· To provide you with music and light scene suggestions based on your music activity, tone of your voice and content of what you say to the Speaker or the App.
· To provide you a mood report chart on the App based on your music activity, tone of your voice and content of what you say to the Speaker or the App.
· Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account preferences) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications.
· To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing of your information
· With your consent: We will disclose your information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
· Service providers: We use certain reputable third parties, some of whom may be located outside of the European Economic Area, to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal data to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal data, and only to process personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
· As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
· If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
· To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform.
· In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Moodbox, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Access to your data
As described above, most of the personal data and other information you provide to us can be accessed and updated on the Moodbox app. If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal data we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any personal data that we hold about you, please contact us via email – email@example.com
If you ask us to delete your account (either via the Settings page or by email), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
iVo Technologies Company Ltd., Rm 3609, 3F, Annex Building, HKUST, Clear Water Bay, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR
Don't want to give us your information?
Last amended: 20 September 2017